Signs indicating inpatient care is needed for eating disorders:
- The person has been in outpatient care and has not been showing improvement.
- A medical condition is present due to the disorder.
- The person is self harming.
- The person cannot control restricting or purging behaviors without strong supervision.
- There are trauma issues which would be too difficult to uncover and deal with in outpatient.
- There is a secondary diagnosis present that would benefit from intensive focused treatment.