OSFED – Otherwise Specified Feeding or Eating Disorders Overview
People with OSFED have some but not all of the symptoms of anorexia or bulimia. Through our OSFED treatment center, you can receive the otherwise specified feeding or eating disorder treatment you deserve.
- All criteria for Anorexia met except regular menses are still occurring
- All criteria for Bulimia met except that binge eating and inappropriate compensatory mechanisms occur at a frequency of less than twice a week or for a duration of less than 3 months
- Criteria for Anorexia met except that weight remains in the normal range
- Regular use of inappropriate compensatory behavior by a normal weight individual after eating small amounts of food
- Repeatedly chewing and spitting out, but not swallowing, large amounts of food
- Binge Eating Disorder- to binge uncontrollably on large amounts of food – sometimes thousands of calories at a time – but DO NOT purge the calories after they are consumed
Overview of OSFED
Odyssey Behavioral Healthcare’s AVP of Clinical Services, Kate Fisch, LCSW, discusses OSFED and how Selah House approaches treatment.
OSFED Treatment Center: Otherwise Specified Feeding or Eating Disorder treatment
At our OSFED treatment center, you will have the support, encouragement, and treatment you deserve. Furthermore, we offer a wide range of treatment modalities, including:
Otherwise specified feeding or eating disorder treatment can vary depending on each individual. Therefore, our treatment plan will be unique for you. As a result, we will find the root causes of your problem and build a therapeutic structure to help you overcome.
In fact, our OSFED treatment center includes around-the-clock care and medical supervision. You won’t have to face this problem alone at our center.
Are you ready to face OSFED with confidence? If so, the friendly staff at Selah House is here to guide you on the right path to recovery. Reach out to us today at 765-442-3551 for more information about our programs.