We want all our clients to feel safe in a place that is stable, loving, and comfortable. Our path together begins with a phone call so we can make sure that we are the best fit for each other. Additionally, because our treatment plans are customized, we want to tailor each treatment plan from the beginning to best accommodate each client’s specific program needs. Post treatment, our team of experts continues to work with each client using a step-down approach supporting them as they transition back home. We hope our eating disorder treatment admissions process will ease each client’s mind and help them prepare appropriately for their recovery journey.
Note: We do not accept Medicare or Medicaid.
Admissions Process – Steps
1. First, you’ll speak with a member of our Admissions Team via phone at 765-442-3551. They will go over pertinent details including personal information, medical history, etc. to determine if Selah House is the right fit.
2. Our Admissions Team will then verify your or your loved one’s health insurance benefits, as well as payment options.
3. After or during insurance verification, we will complete an admission assessment over the phone.
4. Once clinical, medical, and financial needs have been confirmed, we will coordinate a date of admission and travel details.
5. Upon arrival at Selah House, you or your loved one will be warmly welcomed by our staff, who will complete any remaining intake paperwork.
6. Once all intake and financial paperwork is complete, you or your loved one will meet with nursing staff and other members of the treatment team to complete assessments. This is the beginning of your recovery experience at Selah House.
Paying for Treatment
- Anthem/Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Indiana University Health
- Parkview Signature Care
- Physicians Health Plan of Northern Indiana
- UnitedHealthcare and affiliates, including Optum, UMR, etc.
Selah House provides free evaluations with our Admissions Team over the phone. We require a full assessment before entering any program, which may include an evaluation of labs and an EKG depending on the prospective client’s circumstances and medical state. If the primary diagnosis is not an eating disorder, Selah House will make the appropriate referral out.
If utilizing insurance for treatment, Selah House provides a thorough benefit analysis to understand insurance coverage and can also discuss self-pay options. Our Financial Team works diligently on each client’s behalf to create a clear, individualized financial plan prior to admission.
The nutritional approach at Selah House is based on the premise that “all foods fit.” No food is labeled as good or bad, but all are viewed as acceptable in nutritionally-sound meal plans that include balance and variety. Selah House facilitates supportive and supervised group meals in a real-life, family-style setting around the table, teaching habits of fun, fellowship, and intuitive eating. Nutrient intake is individualized based on each client’s needs and delivered through “normal” foods as much as possible. At Selah House, we do not provide or administer feeding tubes. Additionally, each client has twice weekly nutritional appointments, education, and counseling with a registered dietitian.
The average length of stay in the residential level of care varies based on the individual’s needs coming into the program and their progression throughout treatment. If utilizing insurance for coverage, the length of stay is largely dependent on insurance approval as well.