Learning to Enjoy Life as a Family Again
It is a blessing for us to walk with you and your family on this journey toward recovery. You are not alone.
Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia Nervosastrongly impact family functioning. Therefore, our desire with family therapy at Selah House is not to focus blame, but to help family members understand each other and gain freedom and healing. Families become directly involved in the client’s eating disorder treatment at Selah House. Moreover, we hope to help develop some creative ways for you to grow together and learn to enjoy family life again.
Communication Do’s and Don’ts
- Examine family of origin relationship patterns (genogram)
- Assist families in seeing they are not the only ones on this journey
- Educate families specifically regarding eating disorders
- Examine the role of family in eating disorder recovery
- List work session (tough love/affirmation, needs/boundaries, forgiveness/reconciliation)
- Help clients, friends, and family members find hope and creative solutions
- Promote family meal/passes